Recipe type: Main
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
No need to dredge in flour or butter- let the fresh wild flavor of the salmon, complimented with a little heat from the spices speak for itself!
- 1 pound wild Alaskan King Salmon fillet, skin on
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt free onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 450F.
- Debone salmon fillet.
- Rub half the coconut oil on the flesh side of the salmon.
- Combine spices in small bowl and press half into salmon flesh.
- Place fish, flesh side down, in glass or ceramic dish.
- Rub remainder of coconut oil on skin.
- Sprinkle remainder of spices on skin.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil and cook 3 -5 minutes longer, until skin is crispy.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes before serving,
- Cut in half and serve atop a bed of fresh, wild greens.