|Paleo Pumpkin Pie|
Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
Serves: 8 – 10
Perfectly Paleo Pumpkin Pie will leave no one wanting for a crust!
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 2 cups pureed, organic baked pumpkin
- 3 tsp natural pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, lemon peel, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, star anise, fennel, black pepper)
- 2 large, cage-free eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- Coconut cream, for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 475 F.
- Grind the pecans in a food processor and press into the bottom of a glass pie plate rubbed with olive oil and lined with parchment paper to form the crust.
- Thoroughly mix the remaining ingredients (pumpkin, spice, honey, eggs) and pour over the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 475 and then lower the temperature to 350 for another 30 – 40 minutes or until the ‘custard’ sets (cover the edges of the pan with foil to prevent the ‘crust’ from burning).
- Cool on wire rack before serving in wedges, perhaps garnished with a dollop of coconut cream.