|Paleoista’s Raw Signature Kale Salad|
Recipe type: Veggie
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Another version of one of my basic recipes using one of the healthiest leafy greens. It’s a staple in my home; I hope it becomes one in yours, too!
- 1 bunch red curly kale
- 1 bunch green curly or black Dino kale
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small lime, juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons natural, dried goji berries (optional)
- 2 tablespoons raw nuts, such as walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Place kale in sink filled partly with cold water.
- Massage with your hands while ripping leaves into shreds; set stems aside and save for use in another recipe (such as vegetable stock).
- Spin dry and place in large bowl.
- Add onion, garlic, olive oil, lime juice and pepper, and continue to massage.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 12 hours, mixing and massaging at least once before serving.
- Garnish with goji berries and chopped nuts, optional.